Thursday, December 24, 2009

7 days to a new year, 7 thoughts to a few dear


At 25 or so, or may be a couple of years before and after, when the feeling of age is confusing in terms of Life earned; and by earned I only mean life spent, i.e., days made through and stalled, promises kept and piled up, smiles stitched and spread, memories dusted and picked up again; there is something strange that we all miss.

Imagine missing a "i love you" in a day spent together, or a "thank you" at the elevator door. Small things. Small things add up, just like in maths. I remember when I first started to learn simultaneous equation (SE); I was excited. I could solve two variables. Throw in a few trigonometric functions and I was ecstatic. Until quadratic equations showed up and SE became obvious, got into a habit of being solved; become a passe'.

I get that same feeling, now that the year ends. It started new and fresh, and then days became habits, months became obvious; until 2009 passed by me. I thought about life (just like the last few years, nothing new about it). I got criticized and sympathized all along. I couldn't possibly solve life, but found that there are innumerable ways to make it bearable, livable, enjoyable, dramatic and divine. I learnt that nothing really matters, life's only a chance. Sometimes that one in a billion chance feels like a miracle, the rest of the time it's just the entropy (E) of the world increasing. I also learnt that how you contribute to that ΔE somehow matters. I am sure I did just fine. So in short, I lived well; I guess.

How did you fair at life this year? Is there even a need for self assessment? I'm sure if I ask Dad, he'll say: " Just Keep Going!"

I guess living was never about life and its milestones. It's all about the turns, believe me. You have to slow down. And just before you go hard on the gas again, make up your mind; for the blue skies, the clear lakes and the waving green on the way will pass you by.

4 comments:

TimbaRoocha said...

Your only post here in one full year.
Great you have finally figured out what makes you live.

Absolutely Lost said...

What is up with Life being driven as a vehicle? I thought it wasn't that bad ... nothing really is, if you think it right. However, if you run out of gas, you always have the flintstones option :D

Astha Singh said...

SUPER!

Kumar Vivek said...

Do you think that's air you're breathing now??

AGAIN!