Sunday, September 9, 2007

on nothing in particular


Hi all! "How's you doing today? You seem to have had a great weekend didn't you. Mine was not too bad. Hey don't forget to pass by tomorrow for the free pizza at noon. Cya around!"

a literary exhibit of the average good samaritan. They are always good and I have to play nice, always nice, coz only then I can be one of them.

I see good people at so many places. I see them

@ walmart
@ office
@ bus stop
@ Mc D

@ peepot (the guy peeing next to me always smiles. Why cant he mind his own small business at the peepot.


Hadn't my life been limited to only these places, they would have been everywhere, standing there with the ever so good smile, pissing me off. I know its not a bad thing to expect from a stranger,
but its strange.

And the best part is that if I dont respond exactly the way they do it, they think I am not a good man, they have discontent in their eyes, I can see that for sure.
Or they might think......just an Indian, new to the place.

What they are to me, is not real,
Just a smile, a seal.
To be true, they can't dare.
Why can't they be what they really are.

So I get back to my world, rather my universe(I call it my universe to make it sound large and interesting and thought provoking), back to the voices, back to me.

4 comments:

TimbaRoocha said...

You should feel lucky to have good people around you, no problem if they are too good to make friends.They one day will have their bad day when they shout on you and then may be you'll find human-like-you. And since when man started having problems with smiling faces? Ha not you been doin the same all these days. It's God's own way of returning you your smile,your-good-at-all-times nature.
Smile.Cheers

varun said...

Never thought it could be this!
good comment!
God's own way of punishing my sweet smiles....give more of these to me...
why couldn't i figure this myself

waise thnx sachinwa!

Namrata Singh said...

u mighty be having a long list wat u don't have in your life or wat u've always wanted but did not get....
but if u see clearly you will have even a longer list of the things u have.... they may not be many in number.. but in weight... they'll always be heavier than anything else in the world..!!!
so instead of crying all the time... try to enjoy this...everybody doesnt get this chance... and why don't u c the hardwork u've puttin just to get this...
so be happy shona...
And.......
imagine if u had to see all strangers around u who don't even notice u... how u wud have felt..!!! so say thnx to god for all the smiling faces around u...!!!
And keep in touch with all the "VOICES" u think are important for you...and with all those who think you are important to them...!!!!

TimbaRoocha said...

maa kazme ! [:p]